10. Launch your business
Few manufacturers want to work with start-up web sites, but we
do. We believe that an online store benefits the consumers in
1) Without the physical binoculars and telescopes exhibition
room or store, the operating cost is much lower, and large
part of the savings go to the consumers.
2) Even the consumers in remote areas can now easily buy the
binoculars and telescopes.
3) The start-up web sites are usually small business, and
backed up by us, they are more willing to satisfy the
personalized demands of the consumers.
4) Factory to online stores to consumers Vs factory to
multiple levels of distribution to physical retail stores to
consumers-you got the idea.
Of course, setting up internet presence is not a must. But, if
you plan to go online, we want to share with you some
1) Find a niche. Satisfy everyone, satisfy no one. Or
as Chinese Taoist Laozi says: less is more.
2) Determine your keywords. Think about what search
terms your targeted audience will use to find you.
3) Think about what your strength and weakness are.
Think about how you can differentiate yourself from your
competitors by offering more value to your targeted
customers-you've got to be innovative.
4) Prepare the contents that are both related to the
binoculars and telescopes you sell and have search engine
friendliness and consistency.
5) You may have a web developer set up the web sites for
you or you may do it by yourself.
6) Register your domain name with your most important
7) Publish your site and get it listed into the search
engines and directory.
8) Web marketing stage:
a) Ask for links with the sites that are related to your
b) Get your binoculars and telescopes reviewed by the
specialists who publish their reviews on their web sites.
c) Join in the forums, BBS, mailing lists or user's groups
that are related to your product line.
d) Make the site serve as a base for your offline advertising
campaigns: have your site name exposed on name card,
letterhead, local press release, exhibition, or the review
articles on the renowned magazines like Sky and Telescopes.
f) Make full use of Web2.0.
9) Set up by yourself a program that tracks your inventory,
income and expenses.
10) Stick to your vision, work hard and never give up.
Stay alive longer enough, then who knows what will happen in
the future - Could Bezos know what his business would become
of when he started amazon.com in his parents' garage (so we've
heard of this in China)?